Gnome Forum Header

Visit MissGnomers Blog!  •  Visit The Main Site Garden Gnomes  •   Visit MissGnomers Etsy Site

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:55 pm

KLAUS WICKL GNOMES 
Site Admin

Post KLAUS WICKL GNOMES
Klaus Wickl was the long time friend of the late Rien Poortvliet. And Rien Poortvliet lived in the Netherlands, Holland and was the illustrator of MissGnomer's favorite books about Gnomes. Klaus brought Rien's drawings to life by making them 3 dimensional. I would consider his gnomes to be the most intricately detailed of all I have come across.

It's no wonder that Klaus Wickl gnomes rank right up there among my very favorites!

flower

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:43 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Here are a "few" of my favorite Klaus Wickl Gnomes:

Willie

Siberian Gnome

Sandman

Gnome Pin

Pepe the Skier

Joseph the Carpenter

Jonathan & Friend

Eli

Catrina & Charles

Richard & Rosemary

Little Ollie

flower

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Gnomehopper

Wow Mary do you own all these darling gnomes? :o
They are so fun!! Thanks for sharing :heart:
:) Loxy

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:09 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Believe it or not, MissGnomer only owns one Klaus Wickl gnome. But I would love to have more of them... they ROCK!

He is a very rare chap and I haven't run across another one (I'm sure they are out there... just not very available....

I will take a picture of him and post him on this thread.

flower

UPDATE 1/30/08:
Below is a picture of my very first Klaus Wickl gnome. His name is "Loren" and he is on a pair of stilts. I sent this pic in to Pond Magazine AND Miramax films.

This piece is approximately 10 inches high from the top of his red hat to the bottom of the base. Loren himself is about 6 inches tall (including his hat). This Wickl piece was made in 1994 -- and remains one of my favorite Wickl's to date. I do have some other Wickls now -- of COURSE I do. I'll try and get their pics up soon. icon_lachtot

Last edited by MissGnomer on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:00 am
Profile E-mail
Gnomehopper

Post Great taste!!!!
I must agree icon_2thumbs Thumbs up!!! icon_klatsch I do love these gnomes myself!! :yawinkle: I just ordered his book off of the computer and am waiting patiently to get it and learn as much as possible about these wonderful weefolk!!! :lol: TeeHeee, I hope someday I can buy some of those too Mary, they are adorable!!! icon_yes Hugs icon_hug Rushel

Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:51 pm
Site Admin

Yay! Rushel is doing Gnome Research!! LOL

What book did you buy? I haven't seen a book by Klaus Wickl.

Or did you buy "GNOMES" by Rein Poortvliet & Will Huygen?? If that is what you purchased it is an excellent choice and should be a staple for any gnome lover! icon_2thumbs

But of course, I am biased as Rein is my favorite "gnome maker of all time" :heart: :heart: In my opinion, he paved the way for all the rest.

I hope you got the large, hard cover ~~ the pics and information are just wonderful! And of course there is a sequel ~~ "SECRETS OF THE GNOMES" also by Rein Poortvliet & Will Huygen.

When you are ready to dive into the world of Wickl and buy some gnomes, eBay is a great place to get them. Let me know if you have one in mind and I'll tell you if it's a good deal or not! (I LOVE to help peeps adopt gnomies icon_yes )

I will get a picture of my one and only Klaus Wickl Gnome "Loren" up on this thread ... he is very unique and I just had to have him.

GNOME ON!
flower

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Gnomehopper

Post Gnome book!!!
:roll: yeah you're right about the book I ordered it is the gnomes book, and it is a hardcover, I'll have to read that one then move onto the secrets as you said, wisper You are so wise Miss. Gnomer :lol: Always full of advice!! icon_yes :heart: I really do love my gnomies, they are so much fun :heart: Can't believe that I never fell in love with :lol: them sooner icon_lachtot Well, you live and learn Right??? :yawinkle: icon_hug icon_klatsch icon_klatsch Thank you Thank you for your advice I will be asking a lot a long the way :lol: icon_hug :heart: icon_yes Hugs icon_hug Rushel

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:40 pm
Gnomehopper

I got my very first Klaus Wickl gnome early last week! I won her on eBay:

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]

As you can see, she's a pin and VERY tiny!

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:20 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Gnomehopper

Post SO sweet!!!!!
:party: Congrats..she is so preicous!! I have tried a couple of times to win some with no luck must not be.... :look: I fell in love with a sweet set of salt and pepper shakers from the 70's and was so sad when I didn't win....boohoo...So I am very very excited that one of us has won!!! Enjoy her...wear her with pride!!! :hurrah:

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:02 am
Gnomehopper

How sweet is that!?!?!?! Great Win Xenia!!!

Word to my gnomies! nm/_\mn

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Great snag there (((Xenia)))-- These pins are almost impossible to find anymore!

*Sigh* ... my little gnomish prodige! :fondof:

And guess what? This little Wickl pin has a mate! I just sniped up this pair off of eBay a few weeks ago myself!

And keep trying (((Rushel))) I know EXACTLY which salt and pepper shakers you are referring to... I was "watching" them as well... just didn't bid.

I own a couple of different pairs of S&P's myself. I have not seen any Wickl Salt and Pepper Shakers - I don't even know if he made any?

The two sets I have are both "Unieboek Gorham" -- I'll post pics of them at the link below:

CLICK HERE: Unieboek Gorham Gnomes

:laola:

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Gnomehopper

Awww, the male is very charming, too! I'll have to keep an eye out for one like him! Thank goodness for eBay! :fondof:

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail WWW