Gnome Forum Header

Visit MissGnomers Blog!  •  Visit The Main Site Garden Gnomes  •   Visit MissGnomers Etsy Site

It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 am

Yes... there are different types of Gnomes! 
Site Admin

Post Yes... there are different types of Gnomes!
For those of you out there who want to learn about Gnomes... I thought it would be fun to start a few threads in this category to show you different types and styles of Gnomes.

Everyone has "different tastes" when it comes to the WeeFolk. Some like Gnomes with their ears pointy... some do not. Some like pointy noses... some do not.

I have done extensive research on the different types of Gnomes and I would like to hear your comments good or bad about what you like or dislike. I have said before that I am VERY picky about my Gnomes... :lol:

I will not "adopt" a Gnome unless he or she (yes there are females!) really reaches out and grabs my heartstrings... and I can tell you from my own personal experience -- Once you are "hooked on Gnoming" -- it can become quite a magical experience!

In this section of the Forum I will showcase some of my favorite types of gnomes... as well as some gnomes styles that I personally am not very fond of.

Join me won't you???

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Gnomehopper

Post Just wondering what my type of gnomes is???
:o Hello Miss. Gnomer just wondering what my new favorite type of gnome is called and do you know anything about them??? :?: First I have some Gare gnomes and you already have section on those, I love them!!!! And I have a pot head gnome icon_santa style from Loxy love them too. But have about 6 of these other style and don't know what they are called... :roll: Huh, have scooped hats and they are not pointed at the end but instead they are twisted, if you check out Joysceramics she sells them often. And you can get them from other places on eBAy, ones name is Verne he is sleeping, there is one in the set called Nipper(I don't have him) And one called Almo. any ideas??? I will post them tonight on the section waiting waiting for them to arrive.. wisper Thank you, chat later... icon_hug 's Rushel

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:42 pm
Gnomer

Post Re: Yes... there are different types of Gnomes!
Miss Gnomer, I liked the "Garden Gnome translated to various Languages" list you created and I printed it out for my Gnotebook.
That got me to thinking of another list we could use.....
If you already have this info somewhere else on the forum, just direct me there, but I was wondering if you would mind listing all the various well-known gnome makers, styles etc......
I know of these listed below from the forum, but am sure I'm missing some : It would be nice to have a list of them all in one place to refer to..... (In your spare time, ha ha)

Gare, Kimmel, Papa Bertie, Rein Poortvliet, Heissner, klaus Weikl, Tom Clark, Enesco, Unibiek, Anthony Fisher, etc.....
Since you are the Queen of research, gathering info and pix.....Would you mind creating a complete list for all of us Forum Members to refer to? THANK YOU!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:29 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

That's a tall order Sungnomie... but I'll give it a shot!

;)

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:34 am
Profile E-mail
Gnomer

No Rush at all MissGnomer, just one day a list would be nice... and I know if anyone would know all the different styles it is you with your vast wealth of Gnome knowledge...... ;)

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

LOL @ vast wealth of gnome knowledge...

:lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Gnomehopper

What are the types?? I know that there is gare gnomes, but what else is there??? hope everyone is good,

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:18 pm
Gnomehopper

There are all of Dona gnome molds " Crack pot " Not Mary's favorites LOL but I loves them. And seasonal gnomes like the summer sea shell ones and there are barbeque ones and christmas ones Like the ones I did for you Rushel at Christmas. So good to hear from you Rushel icon_hug . I will see what others I can come up with. These gnomes are not china made or painted on an assembly line but custom painted ceramic.
Loxy

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail WWW